About this Property
Lake Chala lies on the the South Eastern flank of Mount Kilmanjaro just 55 kilometers from Moshi, near the Holili / Taveta border post to Kenya. Also known as Chala Crater Lake, Lake Chala is one of Tanzania’s hidden gems. Fed entirely by underground springs from Mt Kilimanjaro, the turquoise blue and green waters are surrounded by diverse plants, trees and wildlife. This special place guarantees that your stay at the Lake Chala Safari Lodge is an unforgettable experience. Built on the edge of this mystical caldera lake, against a dramatic volcanic backdrop is the Lake Chala Safari Lodge and Campsite, the perfect place to unwind and absorb the serenity and tranquility of this romantic piece of the African bush.
Enjoy the luxury tented camp with its elegant en-suite tents, stunning views, fine dining at the Caldera Restaurant over-looking the crater lake, Kilimanjaro and the Chala savanna.
Camping Made Easy.
As well as the luxury camping experience, Lake Chala Safari Lodge and Campsite also has six campsites all of which provide excellent facilities, including tents for hire, bar and restaurant with water and cooking facilities on site for self-sufficient camping. An ideal location for both day trips or longer stays, and a great stop over for long distance travellers and cycling groups.
The Luxury Tented Camp includes large, spacious tents, with great en-suite bathrooms, soft lights and imported bedding provided for comfort. This allows you somewhere to really relax and absorb the tranquility of Chala.
- Relax with a drink from your mini bar, or sip your tea or coffee, while enjoying the fabulous views from your veranda.
- In the tent, from the soft lighting to the spacious and refreshing shower, all make for a soothing atmosphere. Excellent imported mattresses and luxurious bedding, help to assure a good night’s sleep. Towels provided for added comfort and convenience.
- Wake to the morning song of savanna birds and sunrise over bush and lake, absorb the peace and tranquility of this unique and romantic part of the African bush.
- Rooms are twin (two single beds), double (one queen size bed) or triple (one queen size double bed, one single bed)
- Bathroom with hot shower facilities.
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning.
- Common Balcony
- Luxurious beds
- Car park
- Outside National Park